Sunday, July 15, 2012

Good neighbors





There are so many stories to tell from this trip. Going out of your zone and experiencing life somewhere is very difficult some times; you need to learn new language and culture in order to get along with other people. But when I come back In South Sudan it is different. When some one comes, every body wanted to come around and fellowship with the person who come and to see if they can help. Not only that but also to explore the possibility of friendship.

I will not forget the day I show my land where my house was build and will be staying when I return home. There is young man called Kabi (kabi is the name for lizard in Moru) he and his family have hard that I will be their neighbor they are all happy that I will be joining then soon. Kabi brought me some water to drink and some cassava to eat. He introduced himself to me and told me that where he comes and what he is doing in Mundri. As we are still talking other three young men showed up and they are friends with Kabi. I told them how thankful I am to have neighbors such as them. Kabi and his friends started helping me and I told them that I do not have budget for that work that is why I am going to do my self but they said “ we are here to help our neighbor” they said they do not need anything but what they need is to fellowship with me.

Showing love to one another is very common among South Sudanese people. These guys have shown me the true love where you do not expect anything in return. I am so blessed to have those good neighbors this reminds me of the story of good Samaritans whom have show mercy and love of Christ. After cutting bushes, we sat down for break and I told the guys that let us read Matt: 4vs 19. Where call his first disciple and asked the to follow Him and He will make them a fishers of Men. Kabi and his friends are very happy and we prayed together.

Like many missionaries have said you will not make un impact if you do not stay with the people and if you do not participate with them. Living the life they are living make you to be part of them. Kabi is encouraged that I am part of then and it is true because we are all speaking one language and sharing things together. There are some many people like Kabi and his friends are waiting for some one to come in their village or town. I am so thankful that the work of Christ is un stoppable and I know you will be encouraged as you read this story.

Great is thy faithfulness!     

1 comment:

  1. Your land is beautiful! I am so happy that God is using you to share the love of Christ with your neighbors and that they are so welcoming and helpful to you! We are all praying for you. We miss you and Andrew and are so proud to call you our brothers!!

    ReplyDelete