Friday, October 14, 2011

Education is Big Deal!

After 2 years of trusting God to complete the work that He started in me my cry was heard American missionaries came and questioned "why are you here at this church?...You should be in school. I explained to them that there was no school here and in order to complete my school, I would have to travel to another country. These missionaries from Alabama wanted to help me go to school and promised to return to the America and see what they could do. In 2003, through these missionaries, God would provide a way for me to travel to a neighboring country, Uganda, where I would attend and complete my high school.

This adventure to Uganda was not without many trials, but God has been so faithful in providing my every need. God has used many people to show His glory and He has taught me to walk by faith, not by sight.

Most people in South Sudan will never have the experience of attending college, but I know in my heart that God had different plans for me. In January 2008, I was given the opportunity to apply for a student visa to travel to the United States. After eight long months of waiting and trusting, God saw fit for the Embassy to grant me my student visa. I could see my dream coming true I was headed to the United States to attend college.

I have now been in the United States attending college for two years. This experience has exceeded all of my expectations. It is my desire to remain in the United States in order to complete a bachelors degree in Business, but this can no longer happen without the assistance of friends like you.

Many years ago God placed a desire in my heart to earn a college degree so that I could return to my country as an honest, Christian businessman and help provide employment and HOPE for my people. Beloved, God is at work and he will not let us down and I know this for sure. I have no reason to be here and to go to school in this semester if you are not there. Your prayers and financial support is the reason I am at Troy University and I know together we are going to see what God has for His glory.

Our God reigns.

-Bullen Timo-

No comments:

Post a Comment